Subaru Repair Manual ????

When I recently had an Check Engine Light experience it took two trips to the library, two to the parts store and some online searching to find out:

  1. How to read the code (I have a '93 Impreza)
  2. Where the #^$&@ temperature sensor is hidden (underneath virtually everything on top of the engine)

Chilton's manual was a joke. The other one at the library (Motor?) was a little better but still pretty useless.

SO - is there a decent repair manual for the owner? My old FIAT's owner's manual was better than Chilton's aftermarket Subaru manual. Or aren't we supposed to work on our own cars anymore?

PS I'm talking US version if it matters.

Reply to
SayItAgain

i like the hayne's repair manuals

Reply to
Steve Bishop

haynes dont do a manual for the impreza, looks like subaru dont want us to tinker with our road rockets!!!

Reply to
markhenderson

Reply to
Edward Hayes

The 98 WRX is at

Anyoneknow of an online version of the Legacy?G

Reply to
geoff_m

I would certainly like to find one for the Justy. Chilton and Haynes are a joke. Can't get the carburetor set up and idling.:)

Reply to
mac10