Subaru technicians on strike?

In the Trenton NJ area, I noticed that the Subaru technicians are on strike. Is this a local phenomenon, or is the strike national in scope?

Reply to
<nielskistrup

I'd guess local, since we don't permit unions to organize in Texas.

Reply to
no mas panzon

The Texas I live in certainly does.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

no mas panz> I'd guess local, since we don't permit unions to organize in Texas. >

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

The half wit morons lurking in dealer workshops in my area (Scotland - UK), could never be described as technicians !!!!. Jeez, if they went on strike they would be doing people a favour.

Reply to
Marcus

there are several unions in the Republic of Texas. maybe not as many in El Paso though. I think that strike might b n the local area of that state you are from. the ones here in the Amarillo area are still working.

Reply to
1987 T-Bird

Oh, I don't think so. Texas is a "right to work" state.

Okay, maybe I should amend my original statement to be more clear. But tell me if you know of any big unions in Texas, what and where? The only union I ever knew of was a government employees union and that eventually resulted in a base closure! :-(

Reply to
no mas panzon

Gads, I just bought my new Subie, I hope that doesn't describe the technicians HERE!

Reply to
no mas panzon

There's two opinions that run contrary to my experience.

So can YOU tell me about the plenty of unions in the state of Texas? Which unions and where? Texas has always been known as a "right to work" state that is not friendly to unions. I guess, and I'm only guessing here, that would be the reason unions are not successful in Texas, they can't force people to join, pay dues, or strike.

But I would like to know about the unions you know of. Help me with that, will you?

P.S. there has not been a Republic of Texas since 1846. Thought I'd bring you up to date on that! :-) But I belong to the Sons of the Republic of Texas. Is that close enough?

Reply to
no mas panzon

I'll leave it to you to do a full search, but my father was a member of and past officer in the Plumbers and Steam Fitters Union. The GM assembly plant in my town is certainly represented by the UAW. Pilots, flight attendants and maintainence workers at the airport go on strike occasionally, baseball players, concession workers at THE Ballpark. 3-4 times during my employment in the oil exploration industry we underwent picketing (and more than one bomb threat) during Unionization efforts by the Ironworkers Union.

enough said

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

no mas panz> Oh, I don't think so. Texas is a "right to work" state.

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Yeah, I made my initial comment in too much haste. I should have taken more care and more thought before saying that. I have very good friends who were members and officers in the local Plumbers union, too. It's just that in Texas, the Unions do not have the upper hand, they can not force you to join or to strike, etc. I've always had a dislike for modern unions and their tactics, some of which you refer to below. Because of my personal feelings, I guess I just dismiss them and write them off. Thank heavens that I live in Texas where I couldn't be forced to join 'em all those working years!

And now, back to Subaru business.

Reply to
no mas panzon

Is that the same dealer that I go to, I wonder. They never fail to screw something up.

dvd8n