Subaru Wheel Stud Patterns

Hi Folks, i have a 1990 subaru liberty (legacy)..Im up for a set of new tyres...... but looking around it looks like there are a few sets of near new wheels and tyres off more modern subies like WRXs, Impreza RS' and Modern Liberty's....where the owners have put on aftermarket wheels and tyres, being left with the old ones to sell......and im wondering if they will fit my car.

From what i can tell an Imprezza RS has 205/50 R16 tyres, which match the rolling diameter of my current 185/70 R14s...

Does anyone know about the stud pattern? Do the 90s liberty's have the same stud pattern as say the 2004 Impreza RS?

Is there any other reasons why this may or may not work? Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Garth

Stud pattern is 5 on 100. All 5 lug Subaru wheels, except those used on the SVX, will interchange. I think the 205/55/16 will look better than the 50 series tire. There is really no reason to restrict yourself to a tire size that has the same diameter now on the car. A slightly taller tire will effect the speedometer reading somewhat but so what. Just don't go any wider than the 205.

Reply to
johninKY