sunroof leak...drains plugged

so it cost me three hours labour to unplug drains for forward sunroof...water was pouring in thru the two roof lights in front of the sunroof. anybody know where the drains are located and if its possible for a non-mechanic to keep them clean?

last year I had six hundred dollar repair to the rear sunroof...... is this a common thing with subs? (btw its 2000 OBW Ltd.)

Reply to
fotoman

never had any problems described with my 2000 OBW Ltd. ( currently @

130 K miles on odo) cheers kd
Reply to
daszkiew2000

Hi.

Forward drain plugs come out behind front wheels , if you have flaps fitted this may cause them to easily block. Best thing to clean them out with is some Curtain netting wire (stuff thats like spring but coated in plastic ) Open sunroof and slide down holes in recess off were roof closes.Push down till it pops out the other end. Reason to use this stuff is that

1, Its flexible.

2, Its strong.

3, Being coated in plastic it wont scratch your paint.

Had same problem with my old legacy over here in Uk. The home of foul weather and rain. Hope my advice help you .

Steve

Reply to
Steve Davies