Superchip??

Has any one had any experiance of Superchip and the advantages it may or may not have on my WRX, apparently it will improve smoothness and pick up , whilst adding 40% more power.any comments greatly appreciated,,,cheers,

Reply to
steve

40% is most likely an exaggeration. Maybe 40% of WOT; but not where most people use the engine...

Josh Assing

If you're gonna chip your car you best get it pro tuned by someone who knows Subie tuning inside and out.

You gonna damage something otherwise.

Lean AFRs Too much timing etc etc etc etc etc

Reply to
Bob H

Ask over at

. Those guys are into modding/tuning bigtime. There are reputable companies that can take your car through stage 1-2-3 and maintain driveability,safety and most of the reliability of stock. Accessport, UTEK I've heard of - not superchip (not saying it won't work)

Be careful, as others have warned, you can screw up your car.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

The AccessPORT programmer from Cobb Tuning

is a great product that will not void your warranty. My friend had this installed by the dealer prior to delivery of his '05 WRX. The power increase and other features make it worth the money. It's also very easy to use once installed. DS

Reply to
DS

I'm planning on getting this in future when I have the funds and my extended warranty has expired. It is my understanding that the won't void your warranty is because your Subaru mechanic can't detect the changes. I'm guessing it may technically void your warranty. Of course if the dealer installed it and gave them a receipt they at least will have something to argue with that dealer, but I'll bet if anything goes wrong Subaru would not necessarily honor the warranty.

Reply to
Theodrake

I tend to agree with you. Important to note that this dealer offers, orders and installs the full Cobb Tuning product line on new cars. I would have to assume that there would be no warranty repercussions due to the upgraded equipment. Of course, I would make sure I had it in writing!

My point is that Cobb Tuning products are obviously held in high regard if at least one Subaru dealership offers their product line.

DS

Reply to
DS

Even Subaru's own SPT line of performance parts says it will void your warranty coverage-- they'll warranty the SPT part, but if it causes any damage to other parts due to "alteration from design specifications", you're SOL.

Yah, if you use the AccessPort or any other performance enhancement, and experience any engine or drivetrain problems, you're on your own.

Reply to
CompUser

I believe there is a law (at least here in the US) that says, in short:

Using aftermarket parts *shall not* void factory warranty on covered parts unless that aftermarket part is *proven* to be the cause.

In other words:

If you put an aftermarket header on; and your valves break; the dealer has to prove that the header was the cause....

Josh Assing