tail light on legacy help please

Hi, I broke all the plastic out of my taillights on the passenger side, I bought the replacement piece but can't for the life of me figure out how to put it on...is there something in the trunk that I need to remove??? thanks for any help Laura drew

96 legacy wagon subaru
Reply to
drew.laura

Eyeball the new part. It should show you how it is mounted. Should have mounting holes for screws on the backside. Those panels inside the car do come out. Sorry I can't be more specific but never changed a Subaru taillight although I did one for my wife's Saturn. On it I had to work from inside the car.

Reply to
johninKY

You got me there. What do you mean by "..broke all the plastic out of my taillights.."? AFAIK the rear light assembly is a pretty well sealed unit and one cannot remove the plastic, (without trashing it). To change a bulb just remove the panel behind the assembly from the inside, then a half turn anticlockwise and the bulb holder comes out so's you can change the bulb. HTH

Reply to
fopetesl

Reply to
drew.laura

Thanks all, I finally got it done. But I had to take a bunch of stuff off from inside the car. I will never back up into anything again!

Reply to
drew.laura