Thanks, Alex and Mike!

Hey fellows,

> > I got a problem with my 95 Legacy, each time I turn on the fan with AC off, > I can smell humid hot air coming out of the air duct. My haynes manual says > I need to clean the evaporator since the moisture there is attracting > fungus, and I should buy some fungus cleaner to clean it up.Can anyone > recommend a brand of such fungus cleaner? > > BTW, the haynes manual never mention air filter for passenger, I'm not sure > if a 95 Legacy has one or not. > > Thanks in advance. > > Sam > >
Reply to
Sam Li

If it has one then you will need to replace that too; the air filter is

*designed* to trap mold and fungus after all. I'm allergic to tree mold and fungus, so I made my own electrostatic filter for my Subaru instead of buying the disposable kind ($40 / 7500 miles seems a little outrageous to me). It works really well - maybe too well - it took away the "new car" small. ;-) As a side benefit, its a permanent filter - it is designed to be taken out, washed, and reused. Send me an e-mail if you want one, I could always make another but I would need to know the dimensions of the old filter.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Pender