The 2005 Outback

I have LOTS of questions about this - if anyone has some prior knowledge:

When does Subaru start a new model year in the US?

Is it likely that the B4 in Japan will be the 2005 Outback? This is a very intriguing car.

The interior pics at the US Outback site
seem determined to make it look asugly as possible, compared to the B4 pics on the site above. There's a videoscreen with virtual dials in the Japanese version, which may also be in theUS version, but is covered in the pics. What is it? Climate control, GPS,both? Is it the same in the US version?

Reply to
John Osborne

The one I saw did not have virtual buttons or screen, nor did it have an LED type dash panel. It had the usual type of buttons dials and guages, though not identical in appearnce or layout to the '04. It was a display model, so I suspect they would have put out the best on display.

The car shown on the link below is the car I saw, though the interior is quite different. It does have a more modern appearance (as does the one on your link), but it also had the "Outback" sporty look.

The car was quite nice, and did not _appear_ to be significantly larger than the current car.

Reply to
Alan

Does anyone know if they FINALLY put some radio/CD controls on the steering wheel? It's one of the most annoying things on my '02, having to reach down and to the right, to change stuff.

Reply to
Debra Co

Not on the one I saw.

Reply to