The Knock Sensor

97 Legacy 2.2 I have a P0325 Code. Sensor reads About 560k to ground. After reading the previous posts sensor sounds like it is good electrically. What does the code indicate? That I had knock at some point? I guess I will remove it and clean off the contact surface and reinstall? This is a used car we just picked up , I have not driven it hardly at all. It is my daughters. I just plugged in and read the code. I did clear the code but it came on again. She is certainly using 87 octane gas.
Reply to
Anom

My Haynes manual says, "To check a knock sensor, disconnect the electrical connector and check for continuity between the sensor terminal and ground (engine block). Continuity should not exist; if it does, replace the sensor."

I had the same code in my '96 Outback 2.5L. I came to the conclusion that at about $42 for the Subaru part, it was reasonable to replace it and see whether the problem was fixed before paying the dealer to diagnosis it. The code indicates a malfunction in the knock sensor circuti which includes the sensor, wiring and connectors back to the computer and the computer itself. Other's have experienced trouble with the knock sensor, so there is at least a reasonable chance that it is the sensor itself rather than the wiring or the computer.

Ed P

Reply to
Ed P