The sophistication of insurance companies in the states and canada

Where I live in case of an accident in winter the driver found to be wearing summer or all season tires has a heavy bias against him bordering on an automatic "at fault" (And the place i live in is a VERY "at fault" place)

How do insurance companies in the states deal with the winter time accidents in the snowbelt states? Canada? I'm obviously not talking about single vehicle accidents with people ending up in the ditch, but, rather the fine folk who use other people property to slow down and stop on slick pavement.

Reply to
AD

In Canada, only the province of Quebec passed legislation in 2009 making snow tires mandatory. I suspect the remaining provinces will follow suit once the safety data comes back from the insurance companies.

Reply to
4orester

Quality all season tires work fine on a 4wd or AWD vehicle in most areas.

I> Where I live in case of an accident in winter the driver found to be

Reply to
Big Jim

I won't drive with all season tires in the winter up here any more. Not when the roads are icy or sloppy. After driving with good winter tires I decided long ago my life is worth more than a second set of tires and rims.

Reply to
clare