thinking about new sports tourer 2.0R

hello all

I'm thinking of investing in a new Sports Tourer - looking at a one year old

2.5SE or brand new 2.0R. I'm in the UK, and would be getting a manual transmission.

I drove the 2.0R, and the engine is _great_! it will rev all the way up to

7500, meaning that you can get over 70 in 2nd gear.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm currently running a 2001 VW Passat 1.8T, and I'm interested in how running costs might compare. Insurance looks like it will be cheaper. I'm expecting to get a little less MPG. What about tyres?

thanks

James

Reply to
JAMES KELLAR