Tips on Buying a Brat?

I am looking to get a Subi Brat and I wonder if anyone has information for me:

  1. Are they a good beginner mechanic car? I have worked on Toyo's & motocycles.
  2. What type of neccessary maintenance is it really important to verify before buying?
  3. Are there any tips for me with what to look out for, common problems, etc?
  4. What are the best years? What are the worst?

thanks! Ary

Reply to
ary

Maybe check out this site and ask:

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

They are very easy to work on and require very little maintenance. They all have gear driven camshafts and the later ones have hydraulic valve lifters.

They pretty much run forever. If it aint' making a lotta noise or burning oil, it is probably fine.

Rust!

I think the 1984 -'87 was the best years.

Reply to
Rob Munach