Tires for Forrester

I have a 2000 Forester S and am shopping for a new set of all season tires. I will be driving in snow conditions here in Toronto, Canada. Could you please help me make the right decision?

thanks,

khaled

Reply to
ksalous

Y2KRedMustang

I just installed a new set of Michelin HydroEdge on my 03 Forester XS MT which has 82000km already. I am driving in Toronto too. The original tire (Geolandar) is not VERY bad as somebody said in this group. However, I can feel the big difference after I installed the Michelin. I chose this all season tire because it performs very good on dry, wet and snow as stated in

1010tire.com and other reviews. Moreover, it is rated 130,000km. The only thing is that it is quite expensive (C$140 a piece) and don't have the whiteletter on the side. I haven't had a chance to try it out in snow yet. But I found out it is (comparing to Geolandar) quieter, more grip on wet and stable. The other choice is the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred. Quite a few stores in Toronto can install the tire (with balancing etc) for free. So you just have to pay the tire price plus tax.

"ksalous" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com...

Reply to
Daya

I have a set too and so far they have been excellent. Have not driven in snow yet either.

Reply to
Rhesus Monkey

Same here and I drive them hard, no noticeable wear yet, I have Michelin X-ice for winter but I'm going to leave the Hydroedge on for the first snow to see how they perform. They work surprisingly well on wet packed dirt roads.

Reply to
Chris Phillipo