Torque Specs Uknown

Installing an "anti-lift" kit and end-links at the same time

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

I have the "backup" copy on cd in pdf format :) you can get them on Ebay for 10 bucks shipped.

Reply to
NitroTrike

Here are values from the 2K2 service manual.

The manual says they are 8mm, 10mm, and 12mm bolts, with tork specs of 25ftlb, 52ftlb, and 41ftlb respectively. Odd that the 10s would have a higher spec than the 12s, but it's right there in black&white, _if_ you believe the book.

The swaybar end link bolts are 33ftlb, the mounting bracket, 18ftlb. Seems like one of the bolts on the front end links was smaller diameter on mine, If yours is like that, I would only tork the smaller bolt to ~25ftlb.

The bolts that mount the rear control arm bushing (ALK), are 184ftlb, (Yikes! That seems awfully high, but that's what it sez. _I_ wouldn't go more'n about 75-80ftlb. Use your torque wrench and see where they break loose.) and the locking nut on the rear of the control arm,

140ftlb.

Be sure to load the suspension before tightening this hardware. I lowered my car onto 4 cinder blocks, so as to have room to slide underneath, and tightened everything as much as possible while laying on my back. I then lifted it again to finish tightening the large fasteners. I didn't use a torque wrench, but as it took everything I could muster to break them loose, I got them as tight as I could upon reassembly. I also used a dab of loctite on the CA bushing mounting bolts. Again, I don't think these were anything like 180ftlb; I'm just not that strong. I'd have guessed 100ftlb tops, but, as always, use your own discretion.

luck thus far.

It's a 2002 Impreza manual, but if it's of any use to you, here ya go.

It's 8 files, in .pdf format, and they're rather large, but help yourself. There may be other stuff of interest there
you'll just have to look around. Hope this is helpful. You'll like the ALK if you drive aggressively. Remember that the ALK bumps you into SM if you autocross, and, alas, it _is_ pretty visible if your competitors know what to look for . . .

ByeBye! S.

Hi Steve

great manuals !! thanks !! Do you have / know such manuals for the Forester ?

Regards,

Wilco "S" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

had no luck thus far.

Reply to
Wilco van Diest

You're most welcome. I'm sure the manuals exist for the Forester, but I don't have them. If someone out there does, and will send them to me, I will be happy to make them available on my server. FWIW, the Forester is built on an Impreza chassis, and I would expect that much of the nfo in the Impreza manuals will apply.

ByeBye! S.

PS Wilco, from .nl land? . . . Not, by chance, Wilco from R.B.P.? Steve Jernigan KG0MB Laboratory Manager Microelectronics Research University of Colorado (719) 262-3101

I'd strongly suggest investing in a set of ramps instead of using cinder blocks to support the car or maybe a combination of cinder blocks and jack stands just in case. Ramps work great for loading the suspension for sway bar mods and such. Working in construction has turned me off to the idea of supporting my car with cinder blocks, they're a last choice in my book. I've seen them break pretty easily.

Reply to
Mark Santa Ana