Trailer Towing With Outback?

Do any of you have any experiences you might share about towing a small light camping trailer with an Outback? I have a little 6-foot utility trailer and that is no problem behind my 4-cylinder 2008 Outback when I need to haul mulch or something similar but I'm considering the possibility of pulling a small ultra-light camping trailer behind a 6-cylinder Outback I'm considering buying in a couple of years. I'd be using the factory trailer hitch and would be adding a trailer brake controller. Obviously I'd stay within the stated towing limits for pull weight and hitch weight but doing that, how well can it be expected to perform? Doable? Pleasurable? Painful? Disastrous?

Reply to
John McGaw