trailing arm mounting bracket bolt attachement snapped!

I've been trying to remove the trailing arms in my 02 forester... fighting through the enormous amount of rust I managed to remove it from the knuckle.

The short version:

There is a mounting bracket that connects the front of the trailing arm to the body/chassis (with 3 bolts on it). I snapped the threaded part (hidden inside the chassis)... the bolt just moves freely now and I can't remove it because the threaded part that was attached to the chassis are still on the bolt!

Any ideas on how to get at the threaded part?

The long version(because I need to vent):

The front end was a pain since (even though I managed to fit a low profile breaker bar with socket in there) I couldn't get enough leverage or space to give the thing a hard pop. So I came up with the brilliant idea of removing the mounting bracket since it was easy to maneuver a giant breaker bar on that plain... all three bolts broke loose with only a little bit of force on the end of my 3 foot bar. Upon loosening them further (now with a rachet) I heard a snap inside the body of the car; the threaded part broke off the body/chassis!

I'm not sure how to get at the other end of these bolts... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
krumpelstiltskin

I ended up removing the back seat and making some holes in the sheetmetal to get to the bolts... went off without a hitch.

Reply to
krumpelstiltskin