Tribeca recall?!?

So I got a call from the dealership last week warning me that there is a recall notice on my Tribeca. Recall notice is WQX-59, "Tribeca hood lock mechanism phase 1". So I said, "whoa sounds serious". Made the appointment with them for this morning at 7:45am. I took it in, took a a couple of hours off work. After it was done, I asked them what exactly they did. They said they oiled up the hood lock mechanism, as they don't yet have the new hood lock parts in! Unbelievable, that's all they did? Why didn't they just call me in when they actually had the parts in? That is unless Phase 2 is some more oiling of the latch. Maybe the parts will come in in Phase 3 finally?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Sounds like this is a shady dealer who pads their bills to Subaru for their recall work while nuisancing their customers. Rather than trust that dealer with recall notification, you can visit Subaru to find out what applies against your vehicle at:

It's also a handy place to review any past recalls performed on your vehicle. I saw 2 completed dated back in 2002 and 2003 for mine and nothing new or undone listed. You might want to find out from Subaru what the recall entails and check if the dealer checked it off despite not installing the appropriate parts.

2 hours to lube the hood lock is way too long, and calling you in when they don't have the parts means they are pulling a fast one on you and Subaru or they really are disorganized between their repair shop and their parts department.
Reply to
VanguardLH

Subaru's description of the recall states that it is a two-phase process. You should have descriptions of what is to be done under WQX-59 and WQX-60 in your recall notification. If not, it is listed online, for example at

.

Reply to
John McGaw

Yeah thanks, but of course, when they first call you about it, they don't give you the recall number or any details like that. You only see the recall number after they've already performed it, and printed it on your bill. Of course, since it's a recall, it was free of charge, paid by the company. The only thing spent by me was my time.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan