Turn Signal went kaput.

Greetings,

I have a 1993 Subaru Impreza 2WD with the 1.8L engine and the turn signals on the car began to fade some time ago. I noticed that when I would use the turn signal it would flash for about 4-5 clicks then stop. I then started noticed that the intervals got shorter until they would "flash" once in every 4-5 attempts. Now they do not work at all, of course.

I assume that it is a relay that controls the turn signal flashers but do not know where it is located. I aslo can't seem to find a turn signal relay, so I guess that they are a dealer part or auto dismatler if you don't like being gouge, or they're not controlled by a relay and I'm wasting my time looking for one.

Input and assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks.

-S

Reply to
Spirit

There's usually a separate flasher relay on the passenger side of the firewall, on the drivers side. It'll be about 1.5" tall and wide in a cylindrical shape. Should just plug in.

Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good

Reply to
Father Guido

Thanks FG, however the only cylindrical shape on the firewall is something connected to the solenoid under the hood.. I did not find any cylindrical in shape in the passenger area of the car. The two fuse boxes, one in the passenger area inside the car, on the firewall on the driver's side and the one under the hood containing the AC and H/L relays provided nothing as far as I could tell. Do you know where I can find a diagram on the web?

-S

Reply to
Spirit

Sorry, I don't. How about in a Haines book at the library, or in a book store or auto store?

Best wishes,

Norm