"Turning rims"

Hey, all.

Over the 4 years I've had my WRX, I've had a couple of unfortunate runins with curbs. There's a few inches of scarring on the wheel rims.

I gather that I could take them into the shop, and have them 'turned', or machined, to clean off the scrape marks, but am curious if there are any 'home-brew' remedies for such problems. Maybe taking a Dremel and a fine stone wheel to the area???

BD

Reply to
BD

Plenty of people have polished/machined their own 'lips', sandblasted and painted, etc. their wheels. You could even practice on a bent one from a wrecking yard if you wanted. You might also shop around for OEM takeoffs from people upgrading. You might be surprised how cheap you could get some with little or no curbrash. (hopefully much less than yours have)

Check the marketplace/4sale forum at

. You might even get some 17s from an '06 or '07 . I sold mine that way when I replaced them with SSRs.

good luck

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Hadn't even thought of that. Nice one! ;-)

Reply to
BD
+1 on getting some takeoffs. Stock WRX rims are very easy to come buy and will probably cost you less than paying someone to clean up yours.

BD wrote:

Reply to
Dmitriy