UK 2010 Outback - bluetooth

Help! I have recently acquired a used 2010 Outback. When I press the 'off hook' button I do not hear any 'voice guidance' prompts. I can alter the 'voice guidance prompts volume' within setup and this is set to 4 and the voice guidance can be heard well. I have paired the phone manually and entered a couple of numbers (manually) with names using the voice recognition. I can make a call by pressing 'off hook' followed by 'talk' buttons and speaking the recorded name and then 'pressing off' hook again. Should I also be able to access other functions such as 'add entry' by voice command? Should I be able to hear any voice guidance prompts? If so, can somebody tell me how Many Thanks Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian

Reply to
ianp5852

In Canada, the bluetooth is an accessory. I believe the buttons are there, but they won't do much unless the accessory is installed. Mine came with the accessory installed. The thing talks to me as soon as I press the button. Are you sure you have the device actually installed? Mine has a little microphone on top of the steering column, otherwise I wouldn't know the difference visually.

Reply to
Chicobiker

Oh, its definitely installed as can press the 'talk' button, speak a name that I've linked to a number and it will dial it. The problem is the nice lady in the kit doesn't speak to me to let me know what options I can 'speak' to do setup / goto phonebook etc. In fact, the only place I can get her to speak to me is to set her volume! I suppose I should be grateful since this could be considered a major attribute of a woman! Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian

Reply to
ianp5852

I see. When I press the talk button, the lady says: "Ready." (provided the system has connected to my phone.) Then it's up to me to say something. I can say "Setup," "dial," or "call" and the lady will guide me through what to say next. Maybe it's a UK vs CAN thing??

One thing I found annoying that took me a while to figure out, is that I must wait until the lady has finished her speech, and I hear the little "beep" after her statement, before I say something. Otherwise, confusion reigns and no progess is made.

Reply to
Chicobiker

Yes, well that's what I thought should happen but on mine, pressing the talk button causes a beep and the display shows "Listening" there is no prompting. If I speak the name of a strored number it will then display the number and speak (in my voice) the name stored. I can then choose to dial or cancel. Perhaps, as you say, a UK implementation vs Canadian. Thanks for your input. Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian

Reply to
ianp5852