Wanted 1990 Subaru Fiori indicator/ headlight column switch

We have an original Fiori which was bought new. It has never had a problem until recently when the headlight dipper lost Spring tension and falls into the high beam position,. I have tried to get a new one but dealers no longer stock them. Does anyone know where I can get one from?

Reply to
Keith

Rockauto.com has both an Airtex-Wells for 105.79 and a Standard for 112.79. I use them for any part that I can wait a few days for. Great prices, aquick shipping, and they almost always have what I need.

Bill

Reply to
weelliott

No idea, but have you looked inside to see what might have happened? I had something like that with one of my Fiats (yes, I've had several) and was able to repair the guts myself. IIRC I had to remove a couple of rivets but after that the actual repair was pretty simple and was carried out using nothing beyond what was in my tool bag. In the worst case some plastic may have broken but sometimes a bit of substitution can be done. You really can't know until you see what has happened.

If that doesn't appeal, there are some auto breakers online who might be able to find the exact part or an equivalent that would work. I don't recognize the pictures of the Fiori as anything I've seen in North America but they clearly were sold all over the rest of the world so there's a chance somebody can be hunted down online with parts.

Reply to
John McGaw

replying to weelliott, Keith wrote: Thank you fo this, I will give them a try!

Reply to
Keith

replying to John McGaw, Keith wrote: Thanks, I am hoping to get a new one if possible, but will pull it out and attempt fixing it as plan B.

Reply to
Keith