washer nozzle replacement

the passenger side windshield washer nozzle on my '02 legacy wagon has been "reamed out" by some bonehead (don't look at me, i bought the car used). it sprays buckets of washer fluid, especially compared to the driver's side nozzle.

is there any alternative to just replacing the little sucker? (the dealer price is about 10x what it's worth!)

....... tom klein

Reply to
tom klein

I have two nozzles if you paid shipping...pre addressed envelope would be nice. Aftermarket nozzles are cheap and the lighted LED type are only $14 or so. TG

Reply to
TG

Try this. Go to your local model railroad hobby shop. For the folks who make their own locomotive models they sell small O.D. round brass rods in 1 foot lengths. Some of the sizes are round and hollow and as small as

3mm OD with a 1mm ID. Carefully cut a piece with a Dremel and press fit it, or solvent bond fit it into the original hole making a new fluid channel / egress for the spray. Another alternative if you know someone in the medical industry is to get a medium gauge sharp from a hypo-syringe, cut the sharp point off of it and use the metal tube as an insert to replace / sleeve the original water channel.
Reply to
Craig