Wasn't there supposed to be turbo 04 Baja?

I have a 2003 Baja(2.5L 165HP) and was reading in an industry rag that they were outfitting the 2004 with the 3.0L 212HP or similar engine as an option. I just checked my local dealers website and they don't have any. Was this upgrade scrapped? Anyone know?

Reply to
LeBernadin

I do not think the 2004 is out yet...But I was told at the dealership when I bought my 03 baja that there will be a 2.5 turbo The same as the one in the forseter..

Reply to
User705459

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (User705459) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m21.aol.com:

When did you get your Baja? We totalled one of our cars and i bought my all silver Baja back in January. I was hoping they'd have a Legacy GT Wagon or Sedan in stock but no one in the immediate area did at the time. So we test drove the Baja and went with that.

So far, the only thing i'd like to improve upon is that it could use another 35 HP.

Reply to
LeBernadin

I bought my Baja in Sept 03....I trade in a 2002Nissan Maxima And I think the Baja is a lot more fun to drive...We had our first snow storm of the season here in New York and the car handles the snow and wet roads great..I can not tell you how pleased I am...

Reply to
User705459

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (User705459) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

Yeah i was a city manager for Hertz and we rented Outbacks and a few Forresters and Legacys from time to time so i'd been driving Subarus for awhile prior to buying my Baja.

I can remember being at an outdoor music festival on a farm in western MA in the late 90's and we'd had a ton of rain and the farmer who owned the land had to pull the majority of the vehicles(including my Saab) out to his property road. But there was a Forrester there that was handling the thick mud like it was asphalt. Unbelievable.

Reply to
LeBernadin

Apparently, only the US will get the 04 Turbo Baja, not Canada. Ed B.

Reply to
ed

"ed" wrote in news:sRqBb.116794$PD3.5825097 @nnrp1.uunet.ca:

Hmmm that doesn't seem fair to our snow-burdened brothers/sisters to the north. Do you know if its a technical issue or just a marketing strategy?

Reply to
LeBernadin

Supposedly.

I've been after my dealer for the last 6 months now. He keps saying 'any day now, we will get word' I'm beginning to loose confidence in this guy.

There was supposed to be ONE through here over Thanksgiving for a car show, and he had promised to call me when it arrived so that I could take a look at it. The wanker never called.

For the tire issue, I've driven my Baja with the stock potenza tires on and off road through deep snow (>20"), water (nearly up to the door handles!!) and mud (>10") and have had no trouble at all. It's a blast!

Cheers, Michael

Reply to
Lord Drool Rockworm