Weird new sound

I was driving my XT GL Coupe, and when i parked it and shut it off, it started making this "tink-ing" sound, like popcorn popping in a metal pan.. its coming from the front.. should i worry about this?? it just started a few days ago..

Reply to
JohnnieBlue

I was driving my XT GL Coupe, and when i parked it and shut it off, it started making this "tink-ing" sound, like popcorn popping in a metal pan.. its coming from the front.. should i worry about this?? it just started a few days ago..

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Do you have new exhaust parts? Sometimes they make a noise like that. It is likely something shrinking as it cools. The whole engine on my '95 Buick Skylark did that. The new catalytic converter on my '88 Accord (a bosal) did that because it was touching the heat shield. Perhaps something is touching the exhaust or dripping on it. ...Just a few ideas.

Reply to
Aron