Well, I Did It

Went and picked out a 2008 Outback "program car" with around 13K at my local dealership this morning. Last one they had on hand but it had everything I wanted plus a few "who cares" sort of things like heated power seats. Heated seats are not really a high priority around here and since I'll be the only driver moving the seat will not be done often. If the car would have had stability control it might be considered perfect but that appears to have been a rare option last year rather than standard equipment as it is now. The color was even good -- kind of a chocolate brown. I'm having to pay extra to have a factory trailer package installed but that will be a necessity since I'm trading in my ratty '93 Dodge Dakota 4WD pickup and doing things like hauling compost in the Subaru might not work so well.

Should be interesting...

Reply to
John McGaw