What a fair discount for 2003 Forester XS Demo

Have an oportunity to buy (Calgary, Alberta) 2003 Forester XS Premium (not Leather) dealer demo model with auto trans with approx. 11,500 km. Appears to be in great shape, but it is a demo driven by many.

MSRP new is $34,995. Black Book says $27,650, but that's with approx 24,000 km/yr average.

Any ideas what's a fair discount given that it's last year's model and has

11,500 km's?

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
Paul Gray

Dealers usually figure so much per km ($.08-.10 typical), but normally don't put more than 10 k on a demo vehicle, so you have a better chance to get a little bit more off, but if it's last year's (03) model, these are in demand because they had 1.8 % financing, which offsets the milage somewhat Ed.

Reply to
ed

One thing i have learned in all my car buying experience, and talking to friends, and reading the internet.........

NEVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER buy a demo.

Reply to
Michael Smith

I would add a few more "EVERs" to your post. You're just asking for trouble with a demo...

Reply to
L. Kreh

Well, talked to dealer today and they will only discount the demo $2,100 CDN. It does have 1.8% financing, but I could that on a new 2003 as well.

For me, $2,100 doesn't seem like enough discount for a car that's 1 model year old with 11,500 kms.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Gray

I have to agree with other posters- don't buy a demo - go new or used not a used 'new'

Reply to
Jiz