What does this button do?

Hi

1995 Subaru Legacy GT. Brilliant machine I just bought but have a couple of buttons with know idea what they do. This was imported from Japan with no manual. On the dash next to heater looks like rear window de-mister, is this the case? On the console 2 buttons, 1 hold with snow flake (Guess it means I start off in 2nd for slippery conditions) and another looks like de-mister but also windscreen wiper, know idea what it does. Can anyone help with answers and/or where to get copy of manual online....

Cheers Pete

Reply to
Pete

My Forester has a button similar to what you describe here that activates the windshield wiper de-icer and outside mirror defrosters. HTH

- Greg

Reply to
Ignignokt

WHATEVER YOU DO ___DO NOT TOUCH THAT BUTTON

Reply to
KeithH

I've got a 1995 Legacy 250T wagon, ex Japan.

Yes. You should have plenty of opportunithy ot use it this time of year :-)

Right.

That one is a heater in the windscreen to melt ice holding the wipers stuck.

You'll also probably find a side-mirror deicer to the left of the mirror flip-in/out switch and mirror adjustment knob.

The other non-obvious feature is the keyless entry PIN on the driver's door. Check if the car goes beep after a couple of seconds if you lift the door handle while the car is locked -- if so then you've got the system.

-- Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Hoult