what is better skyline or subaru?

i would like some peoples views which 1 is better skyline or impreza

Reply to
Diane Headland

Which Skyline compared to which Impreza and what criteria?

Reply to
hippo

I'd say "availability" is an advantage, so a WRX is better. Next!

Reply to
CompUser

What is the ultimate goal? If it is to have a vehicle that is a rare, one of a kind (in the US) auto that has a crapload of tuning potential, no doubt the Skyline is the way to go. If you want a more practical street car that also has tuning potential I'd say Subaru. If you want a sleeper it's hard to argue against a 4 door or a wagon as a good choice there, so I'd say subaru there as well.

Reply to
WRXtreme

what in the world is a skyline? never heard of one. stick to a good name brand = subaru

Reply to
ra sh

Nissan Skyline aka Infiniti G35 currently Older models never sold in US GT-R model one of the biggest beasts Japan ever created. GT-R = AWD I6 Turbo tunable beyond 500 hp

Reply to
JaySee

Nissan never produced a Skyline GT-R to comply with the United States standards.

From 1989 -1999 there were 3 models of Skyline GT-R produced. The R32, R33, and the R34. Each features the RB26DETT engine, ATTESA E-TS all wheel drive system, and Nissan's Super HICAS four wheel steering system.

The engine is 2.6 liter, dual overhead cam, 24 valve, twin turbo charged, and intercooled producing 276 hp @ 6800rpm, capable of handling over 600 hp without internal modifications.

The ATTESA E-TS system an electronically controlled all wheel drive system. When the computer senses a loss of traction it automatically sends up to 50 % of the torque to the front wheels. Under normal conditions the car remains rear wheel drive.

The R33 and R34 are available with ATTESA E-TS Pro. The Pro system includes a more aggressively controlled torque splitting computer and an electronically controlled limited slip differential in the rear end.

I'd take one over ANY Subaru any day. TG

Reply to
TG

Very silly question . Of course the Skyline is 'better' in that it has a much more sophisticated drivetrain, a lot more power and a lot more potential. On the other hand, if you want four or five doors and value for money with something approaching Skyline levels of griip and performance, then the Impreza is much the better car. Of course, that even assumes you are comparing like with like to start with ie basic spec. cars of similar ages. Once you get into limited editions and modded cars it's a whole different story.

David Betts snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk

Reply to
David Betts

David Betts was seen penning the following ode to ... whatever:

Not to mention something that's actually insurable, at least here in the UK.

Guess who's just looked at Skylines and, after talking to a few insurance brokers, decided that a Subaru turbo of one description or other might be a somewhat more sensible option.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Never wanted to and never attempted to.

Official numbers, every later generation obviously had more power because it got heavier, but faster.

Not true for the R33 which always has torque sent to the front wheels.

They also come with Super HICAS-II

The R34 has a computer monitoring system similar to a G-TECH PRO built right into the dash.

Except moving day when you want to haul stuff in an STi Wagon. =D

Reply to
JaySee

JaySee wrote: | Wow such detail. I felt I had to add. | | On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:33:10 -0600, "TG" wrote: | >

| >... | >The R33 and R34 are available with ATTESA E-TS Pro. The Pro system includes | >a | >more aggressively controlled torque splitting computer and an electronically | >controlled limited slip differential in the rear end. | | They also come with Super HICAS-II | | The R34 has a computer monitoring system similar to a G-TECH PRO built | right into the dash.

I believe the R34 is the Skyline Top Gear's Tiff reviewed. He pointed to the DB-9 connector dangling from the dash and explained how a PC could be connected to monitor engine variables, g-forces, and other metrics. Which, as he put it, "Ought to make you a hit with the girls."

It's an impressive car that I'd like to drive but not own.

Reply to
Brent Burton

Reply to
Spinifex