what to buy for rack

Exactly what do I need to buy from Subaru in order to carry my snowboard on the roof of my 02 wrx?

Reply to
Patrick F. Clarin

Don't waste your money on a factory rack.

On Yakima.com you can get the needed Q-Towers, clips, 48" crossbars, the Big Powderhound (holds 4 boards), and 2 lock cores for $343 MSRP. You can likely get everything cheaper than this at the following location:

They sell at 20.5% off MSRP and have free shipping.

This is where I bought my rack setup. Use the Choose My Rack / Rack Configurator on yakima.com to find the parts you need.

-Tom

Something else to keep in mind is that most major brands of accessories fit most major brands of racks. I've got a Yakima rack and a Thule cargo box on my RS.

The Yakima racks could be spaced further apart than the Thule racks, and this allowed for a larger variety of boxes.

Reply to
Cam Penner

Ditto on getting a Yakima. The Subaru rack is a re-labeled Yakima. I use my Yak for hauling a 17' canoe.

Reply to
Mike

^^^^^^^^^^ I'm curious are those flush with the edges of the roof or do they stick out to the sides like the needles on a hedgehog?

Reply to
John Opezdol