When will my mpg's improve in New England?

I have read here that the winter fuel used in the Northeast will lower my mpg's. When do they switch formula's? My wallet can't wait! ;o)

Reply to
Nicolaas

usually by mid march the oxygenated fuel is gone

Reply to
jabario

and that will cause a price increase. More important calculation would be $fuel/mile ;) Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Here in PA it is changed two times in the Spring and again in the Fall. The change is to the volatility. More is required in Winter for good cold starting and less in Summer to avoid evaporation which harms the air quality during warm weather..

My WRX got 22-24 in the winter and 26-28 in the summer. But the fuel prices are supposed to be higher in the summer, so it may be a wash.

Reply to
Jakey

Well, don't expect to have money left in CT. Our gas prices are always insane, regardless of season!

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Best solution: buy a Honda Civic