where is the IAT sensor ? Performance Module

I am trying to locate the 2 wire IAT Intake Air sensor on my 2000 subaru OBW to connect a performance module . Or they say to connect to Coolant tempature sensor it needs to be a 2 wire sensor as well . Also has anyone tryed a Performance Module ? This one is from Rapid Velocty Thnx Tony

Reply to
T & L

The IAT sensor on my '00 OBS 2.2 is located on the front of the air cleaner housing.

The IAT sensor on my '02 OBS SOHC 2.5 (your engine) is part of a "combo" AIT/MAP sensor located on the top of the aluminum intake manifold plenum, just to the right of the throttle body. It says Bosch on it. IIRC, the black wire is a shared ground for both sensors and the brown wire is the other side of the IAT sensor. The remaining two leads are the 5V ref, and output both for the MAP sensor.

Actually all you have to do is increase the resistance in the IAT circuit and you get timing advance. I've done it on both cars. -Danny

Reply to
Danny Russell

Thanks Danny I will take a look ,on the instructions it says to use the Coolent Temp sensor if it is a combination plug Mass air /IAT sensor . But sounds like you know which is the Air intake which is what I hook this Performance module to . So this performce module is probably not much more than a resister. Thnx Tony

Reply to
T & L

Yeah, the IAT sensor is a thermister, it's resistance goes up as temperature drops. If you increase the resistance, the ECU adds timing (cooler intake air right?). It also adds a little fuel to the WOT mixture map. 100k is about as high as you can go before you're out-of-range and you trigger a CEL. If that happens, just do a reset - no worries.

Reply to
Danny Russell