where to buy a refurbished transmission?

My transmission crapped a brick :(

3rd gear and reverse are gone. it won't go into 3rd at all, and when it goes into reverse, there's a chance it will get stuck, and there's nothing there anyhow, the reverse lights come on, but the car just revs. I've previously replaced the 2nd gear shifter fork which snapped (in sept. '03), and right now I just don't want to deal with this any more.

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

--Andrew

Reply to
andy

LOL! forgot to say...

1998 OBS used bought with 73k miles, history supposedly good. we didn't see any problems with the test drive, nor did the mechanic find any problems when we took it there before I bought it. then about 2 months later the 2nd gear shift fork died, now 3rd and R

::sighs::

Reply to
andy

there are a number of salvage yards specializing in Subaru.

also, check with local "clutch" places...yes, there are places that specilaize in replacing clutches..they may be able to rebuild or source a rbuilt for you.

I've bought a couple things from the Subaru dealer in Rapid City, SD (one item was cheaper, with postage, than local)...Subie might have a facotry rebuilt program.

Reply to
mac