Which colour to choose.

Hi all, I want to buy an MY05 Liberty (Legacy) and can't decide between Atlantic Blue and Silver. My current car is actually Atlantic Blue but not a pearl paint.

What does everybody think?

Reply to
Marky

Go for blue.

BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

The blue is very nice, but I don't like silver cars. I think they can be difficult to see, blending in with roadways, and with bad weather.

Reply to
David

Gray is the same thing. Once had a friend who was given an old vette...silver gray. He got hammered by an old lady on a gray, blustery day, while just tooling down the road.

-JohnO

Reply to
John O

you hardy ever have to wash or clean a silver one washed mine 2 times in one year

Reply to
Research

"Marky" wrote in news:cla18q$qr3$ snipped-for-privacy@news-02.connect.com.au:

Silver is the most popular color in Europe (6 years in a row) and supposedly the safest color:

I have a Silver Impreza TS and think it's a very nice color.

Ultimately YOU have to live with it so get what YOU like.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

A nice safe silver ;)

hr

Reply to
huffyrider

I've always bought used, and by the time they've become mine, all the "silver" casr I've had had faded to gray. However safe silver may or may not be, it would be hard to make a case for gray being a safe color.

Reply to
David

No offense, but do you let other people decide for you?

Reply to
<ros_ada

No but others could give me some more things to think about (ie I didn't think of the safety aspect of choosing a colour)

Reply to
Marky

Dark green for me.

Seriously, I can't think of an issue that's more purely a matter of personal taste than the color of your car. Darker colors tend to absorb heat, which might be a consideration if you live in a hot part of the world. But you really are the only one who can decide something like this.

-- Catherine Hampton Home Page * The SpamBouncer *

(Please use this address for replies -- the address in my header is a spam trap.)

Reply to
Catherine Hampton

That's not good. :) Washing serves more functions than just making the car look good. You also need to remove environmental salts, acids, grime, and other crap which could damage the paintjob or cause rust on metal components, or, or..

Don't forget to spray underneath.. that's why I like the touchless carwashes where you can turn off the wax cycle. It's damn hard to spray water thoroughly under an STi with a low-pressure garden hose, and you also don't have to worry about wax being applied to, and gumming up, the windshield.

Reply to
k. ote.

Think of it this way: harder for you to see, harder for cops to see too.

I think it's a good trade-off, regardless of how invisible the car turns out to be in the snow. :)

Reply to
k. ote.