Will a tall person fit into a Forester?

Hi. I am 6'2" and I am wondering how tall people feel driving the Forestor for a long time, say 8-10 hours a day on a trip. It feels good in the test drive, but often it's the long drives that show if a car is really comfortable. Given my height, I often find that many cars don't fit me when I have to drive them for over an hour. Thanks.

Reply to
Josh

I'm 6' and have an Impreza WRX wagon, which is a bit more cramped inside than the Foresters I've used while mine was in the shop. I don't have the seat all the way back, and my head isn't anywhere close to the roof, even when I adjust the seat height to the max (I usually have it set fairly low). I don't have a sunroof, which helps. But I just moved over 5 days from Massachusetts to Arizona in my car, and I was comfortable in the seat the whole time. Even felt ok during my last 36 hour push, when I avoided a hotel and slept in my car when needed.

The seat fabric in my '02 is different than that in the Forrester, but the shape and firmness feel very similar to me.

But the only way to know for sure if you will be comfortable is to go on an extended test drive with it. Maybe even do the negotiating with the dealer while sitting in the car.

Reply to
Byron

I'm a bit taller than that, and I find the seats in my mother's '99 Forester to be quite comfortable. I've only been in those seats for an hour or so though. My own '95 Outback has a battered driver's seat, in fact I've looked at getting a new seat cushion. My guess is that the previous driver was really fat, as the foam is crushed and split, especially on the left side, which forces my back into kind of a sideways lean. After about an hour it gets painful, but I've been in the passenger seat as well and that doesn't hurt at all. I've been in a few other Subies for varying amounts of time, and out of all those experiences, and comparing them to other cars, I'd give their seats a 7/10. :)

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

Reply to
Andrew W. Jonas

6'2" is not tall ;)

Sit in one and see

Reply to
Marketing

I'm 6'3" and have no problems in my Forestor. Have driven it on several

1000+ mile trips and it has been fine for me.
Reply to
A7N8X-X

also 6'2" and have no problem with 7 hr drives gerry

Reply to
thestick

I am also 6'2" or so with long legs. I find the legroom tight in my wife's '00 Forester - haven't driven it for more than a few hours, and don't want to... but try it yourself!

Reply to
Tom Bavis

My brother in law is two inches taller than you, and comes in at 275 and he loves his.

Reply to
lee