Windshield Cleaner Pump (2000 Outback)

Hey all,

I've owned my 2000 Outback Limited about 4 weeks now. I noticed the week I bought it that the windshield washer pump wasn't distributing washer fluid on the front windshield, but I assumed that there was cheaper washer fluid in there and it had frozen as it was cold. Well it's warm now and still, no washer fluid, no pump sound.

I pulled out the fuse panel on the drivers side and read on the fuse panel that that fuse is a combo wiper arm/washer fluid fuse, and since the arms work I assume it isn't a fuse problem.

Any other suggestions? I guess I have to take it back in, aggrevating to have to pay money from a pre-existing problem but my bad for not checking it out earlier I guess. Any idea how much a new pump & labor is going to run me?

I've got to go into the dealer anyways as my rear sunroof shade refuses to open, I think it's off track (anyone have this problem?). It will open along with the window itself, but the share absolutely refuses to budge. Very annoying.

OH yeah, and the previous owner had a bug deflector. I took it off, and two of the four mount points are dinged up pretty bad, paint completely gone. I am planning on buying some rust inhibitor from the local auto store, painting it on, and then getting some touch up paint at the local dealer. You know if they usually have that stuff in stock? How much it runs?

Thanks!

Matt Fuerst

Reply to
Matt Fuerst