Windshield repair

I got a chip on the windshield of my 04 Outback Sedan. Maybe it was a stone or maybe it was the windshield blade heaters--who knows? The chip and small crack are out of my vision but it still bothers me. Of course the best course is to replace the windshield (I have full glass coverage), but I would rather consider one of those vendors that repair "stars", small cracks and such on windshields. Does anyone know of anyone who does this work in and around Staten Island NY? Thanks.

Reply to
rajp53

Your auto insurance company probably has a relationship with such folks... and better still, more and more companies will send them out to ya at no cost to you, since it's a hell of alot cheaper to them than paying for a new windshield after your deductible.

If you have comprehensive on your car, give your insurance company a call and inquire about windshield chip repair coverage.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

I actually bought one of the kits and did it myself. It was below the wipers but I wanted to stop it from cracking. The repair worked well, although my son did wreck the car 3 mo nths later so I can't speak for longevity of the repair.... ;-)

Dan D '99 Impreza 2.5 RS (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58