winter tire whit stud

What is the best studless or whit stud for a impreza 05 , i do a lot driving in winter up north ( canada ) lot of snow and ice

Reply to
subaride CDN

For mainly ice without studs : Nokian RSI

For mainly snow : Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1 (renamed Nordman 1 ?)

For deep snow and ice : Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1 with studs

For everything : Nokain Hakkapeliitta 2 with studs

Hopefully one day we'll be able to get the Hakkapeliitta 4 with diamond studs.

See everything at

Paul

I second what Paul said. I put Nokian RSI (not cheap, $600+ for 4) on my 2001 Infiniti I30. They did very well in snow and on slippery roads. On dry pavement, they handled better than the OEM all-seasons.

Marc Sindell Twin City Subaru Sales Montpelier Vermont

Reply to
marcus153

Thanks guys , am gone a try those this winter i hope they will be better than my eagle ultra grip whit studs !!!

"subaride CDN" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
subaride CDN

"If you drive more on icy roads than on snowy ones in winter, studded tyres are the choice for you. Studded tyres are especially suitable if you live near the coast, where roads tend to be icy during the winter. Friction tyres are a good choice for snowy roads."

For the full text see :

You really can't win without studs. Ice tires aren't the greatest in snow and snow tires aren't the greatest on ice but from a safety perspective ice tires are better since ice can be hit without much warning whereas you can always see snow beforehand.

But studs aren't allowed in many indoor parking areas.

I've used Hakkapeliitta 1's with studs up until now and will probably buy them again this year. Kind of embarassing on dry pavement but hard to beat in snow or on ice.

Reply to
Paul

Check out the provincial regulations. I think Quebec allows studs but Ontario does not.

Reply to
Andre