wiper motor 1987

Ok, I put a 1993 wiper motor lubed up and ready to launch a chipmunk a hundred yards as thay shake the car and work very fast. I go to shut it off and they do not park, they only go near to the bottom of windshield. I have adjusted, taken things apart twice.. In frustration I took the 1987 original apart and the 1993 to compare the two... exactly identical. every move, every part, every wire and even color coding and alignments... Anybody know what is going on? I resorted to putting the 1987 back in just to have the park function, but slower engine (sped up by silicone sprayed into the motor drain while it was running.. helped alot, I heard it speed up and stay there). is by freak circumstance the engine core and brushes exactly in the wrong spot on the 93 to park (that would be a game of less than 2 millimeters- and seemingly an overthought.)

Anybody have a guess?

bizarre....

Reply to
bgd

Old subes suck.

Not that we needed to know about your chipmunk launching interests.

- Karma

Reply to
karma

I hate it when those chipmunks shake my car!

Isquat reported moved his windshield up an inch to solve that problem.

You miswired it?

Pull the wiper ARMS off their mounts. Mount the motor and connect all linkages, etc. Run it for a few seconds without the wiper arms mounted. Slide wiper arms onto their mount points, such that they will be properly "parked".

Reply to
CompUser