wiring diagram for current forester

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me with the wiring diagram for a current model forester and a diagram of how to disasemble the dash around the streo / air conditioner controls / ashtray.

Any advice on interfacing a non subaru alarm would also be appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

sparky

sparky snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au

Reply to
sparky

Check out

for an illustrated description of opening up the area around the AC and stereo. It's amazingly simple. Here it is in a nutshell:

- Unscrew the shift knob. (The instructions were for manual trans, and that's what I have too. I don't know how this would change for automatic.)

- Grab the rear part of the shift lever boot, and pull back and up. This will ultimately release the entire lower section of the center dash, including the AC controls.

- Remove the two screws that secure the bottom of the upper section. Use a thin screwdriver around the edges to release the clips that secure the rest of the upper section. These clips are pretty strong, and in contrast to some of my other recent adventures, none of them broke!

There are sellers on eBay who offer CD-ROMs of 2003 Forester shop manuals, which include wiring diagrams.

Reply to
cc0113830

Well, I misremembered a little bit, but it doesn't change the procedure. The bottom section just contains the ashtray and the lighter, plus the shift lever boot. Everything else is in the top section: AC controls, stereo, hazard switch, vents.

Reply to
cc0113830