Wiring help

I get that I need a multimeter or voltmeter to check for a switched

12v and constant for the sony ericsson hcb-30 hands free mobile bluetooth car kit. i have zero experience tapping into the wiring, but have no idea if i need to splice and what i need to do so. also, are there guides or other ideas the group could come up with to help install, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Reply to
iomatic

Tony Hwang

Granted, I'm not going to start cutting up random wires, but is there any info on the actual wires back there? Photos, diagrams? Other info? Even basic info appreciated! (It's a 2002 Outback, btw.) I'll proceed slowly, but any advice is appreciated.

So I'm looking for a plug, you're saying, Tony, or pulling power from the fuse box, specifically?

thanks!

Reply to
iomatic

Hi, If you go behind radio to the radio cable harness, yellow is constant

12V and red is switched 12V you can tap off. Or with a meter, you can have them from fuse block. You can have switched 12V us> Granted, I'm not going to start cutting up random wires, but is there
Reply to
Tony Hwang