Wonder if my impreza 2.5i wagon has a real center differential.

I've been reading some topics, and one thing makes me concerning that if my

2006 impreza 2.5i wagon manual has a real center differential?

because it seems to me that it only mentions the viscous coupling locking mechanism... does it lack the real geared center differential?

Reply to
grape

Nope there's a real diff in there. It's the viscous coupling that makes it lock when there's a large rotational speed difference front/back.

Reply to
Spudster

This was thrashed way into the ground about 6 months ago. Go to Google Groups and enter:

donald girod viscous coupling

if you want to read the entire thing.

Reply to
Jim Stewart