WRX 04 -speaker upgrade

Hi All, I upgraded my front speakers this week, I put in Diamond Audi D361 6.5" component speakers. With my buddy's help it took just over an hour start to finish, would have been quicker but we wasted some time trying to a prise a piece plastic trim off (to our own detriment we were too cautious because we didn't want to break anything). I can't believe the difference in sound replacing these speakers has made. My costs were $180 inc shipping for the speakers and a further $30 inc shipping for some spacers.

If anyone is thinking of doing this (I thought about doing it for just under 2 years) I highly reccomend it. These Diamond Audio speakers were a budget compromise for me, I've heard really good things about the Boston Acoustics, but didn't really and to spring the $300 - $400 for them.

The net result of doing this is that my buddy was absolutely dead right, the Subaru speakers are POS. I didn't really believe him when he told me how much difference it would make, now I do.

Fairly simple straightforward process, if you can use a screwdriver and a soldering iron you can do it.

regards Paul

Reply to
Stokiebouy

I redid my 1999 Forester with Polk speakers and an Alpine Ai changer. The difference was amazing. The Forester had the worst sound system I had every heard in an automobile since they went from a single speaker at the top of the dash to stereo. The stock radio had a "tone" control on it...didn't that go out in the '70s?

Reply to
Rob1066

Does it still look stock? Or do you have to make the hole bigger?

Reply to
Ragnar