WRX Insurance Survey

I am wondering what others in Australia are paying for their Subaru WRX insurance premiums. I would only like to hear from those on rating

1 or 2 please. I was qouted $1600p.a., having been on rating 1 for 1 year. Obviously the premium amount depends on the location of your home and work, but I would like to get a general idea of how expensive these cars are to insure now that the later models include more anti-theft measures than the earlier models. I remember Subaru Australia offering an insurance subsidy of $2000 at one stage I think. Oh boy, $1600 per annum, on top of the cost of repaying the car loan and on top of actually running the vehicle. It's a bit of a big ask, especially when the 2.0GT Turbo Liberty insurance premium was qouted at $670. Pity it's only offered as an automatic at the moment.

Thanks, Shane.

Reply to
Shane White

I'm paying a bit over $2000 for a 1994 rx7 on rating 1 for many years, excess is $500 and roadside assist is included.

You need to consider more than just the price. I was paying $1500 last year with just cars insurance but the excess was $1500 and the accident repairs are dodgy at best. Your age and whether the vehicle is modified are big considerations. I could get insurance for $700 if it was standard.

Can you really afford this vehicle?

-- Michael Culley

Reply to
Michael Culley

"Michael Culley" wrote in news:bv6rqr$nntuc$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-180780.news.uni-berlin.de:

Probably not, but the Insurance company would like him.

Reply to
Livewire

The Benz E55 is an automatic. I think it has slightly more power than a WRX.

Reply to
Miro

Subarus are pretty cheap to insure, especially the wagons. The WRX wagon, for example, still rates as a "station wagon" so the rates are much lower than the WRX sedan. I was quoted ~ US $1200 annually in California. That's for 25/50/25 coverage with State Farm.

Reply to
ricardox

is $500 and roadside assist is included.

with just cars insurance but the excess was $1500 and

modified are big considerations. I could get insurance

The attitude is strange.

Insurance is a fact of life. You'll be paying a comparable amount for many types of cars. I'm guessing an XR6 non turbo Falcon would attract similar rates in some parts of Sydney.

You weren't actually thinking that insurance is not a necessity?

T.

Reply to
Tony Lai

I think you have misread my post. From the sound of it Shane might have stretched himself too far buying a wrx if he is having trouble paying for insurance. Seems everyone is doing it these days.

-- Michael Culley

Reply to
Michael Culley

if the WRX is going to cost you more than you can afford for insurance, why not look at the Forester XT... Similar performer to the WRX, and will cost you around $700 a year for insurance, at rating 1...

Reply to
Andrew Morris

similar performance? in a straight line maybe...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Im with Wesfarmers paying $1200 on a rating 1 in inner Melb..

Reply to
Alias

~$1000, RAA, rating one, Adelaide MY03 WRX wagon

Charlie

Reply to
Charles

Reply to
Andrew Morris

what if you upgrade the swaybars in a rex as well?

Reply to
reg-john

gah bollocks me thinks.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Similar performance??.. how about on a bitumen road rather than a rough dirt track?

Reply to
Greg Stewart

Isn't the forester slower than the wrx?

-- Michael Culley

Reply to
Michael Culley

"Michael Culley" wrote in news:bv99bj$q354m$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-180780.news.uni-berlin.de:

According to Subaru.com.au

Forester 2.5XT Manual Max. output (DIN) kW/rpm 155/5600 Max. torque (DIN) Nm/rpm 320/3600 Max. speed (in top gear) km/h 210

0-100 Km/h secs 6.4 Fuel Consumption (ADR81/01) 11.2

WRX Manual Max. output (DIN) kW/rpm 168/6000 Max. torque (DIN) Nm/rpm 300/3600 Max. speed (in top gear) km/h 228

0-100 Km/h secs 5.7 L/100km (AS2877) combined 9.6

Reply to
Livewire

I'm 'guessing' Andrew owns a forester...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Thanks for the qoutes. As for the comments on whether I can afford this vehicle - never mind, I think I can figure that one out myself! Just wondering what others out there "tolerate".

Shane.

Reply to
Shane White

You have to remember that not all things equate out in Australia the way they do here in the states. Heck, even from state to state here there is a HUGE difference in rates. I live in ND, I also have state farm on my MY02 WRX Sedan and I pay $45/month for coverage with a $100 deductible ($0 on glass). Also I should note my driving record is anything but clean, 3 tickets going in excess of 15MPH over the posted limit in past 2 years. My Subie was also rear ended last winter which raised my premium by $2/month

Reply to
WRXtreme