WRX intercooler hoses wont stay on!

Does anyone else have a problem with Samco hoses "slipping" off of the turbo outlet? This is very irritating when you have to pull over in the rain and reposition a stupid clamp every other day.

Reply to
NitroTrike

i've had samcos for 20k+ miles and i've never had this happen.

what kind of hose clamps are you using? tell me not the stock clamps...

ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert

No, not the stock clamps. Ive tried everything brand from cheap to Ideal clamps. Its my belief that the hose is simply not fitting correctly for some reason. I tried switching its position on the intercooler neck (its an sti intercooler, doesnt use the "y" shaped hose), same prob. One guy even told me I was running too much boost, I guess theres one in every forum. I think i'm just going to find a 90 degree radiator hose and make my own hose :)

Reply to
NitroTrike

Try T-Bolt clamps, if those don't hold, nothing will.

Reply to
WRXtreme

Have you checked the intercooler mounts to see if they are loose or broken? bill

Reply to
bill-robinson