WTB Forester or Outback in No. California

I've been looking for a Subaru Outback or Forester (98-2000) in and around Sacramento for a few weeks, and all I can find is overpriced stuff on a dealer lot. THere don't seem to be many for sale by owner.

If you were looking, where would you look. I'm in Grass Valley (about 60 miles due north of Sacramento) but wouldn't mind going to the bay area if it were necessary to find a cream puff.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

Keep lookin....

I'm in Davis and trying to find a Subaru for my daughter. Same experience.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I have a 2001 Forester. A few months ago Subaru offered me ~$12K (for it) toward purchasing a new car from them. I thought about buying a new one (mine is 5 y/o already), but there's no real reason to do so: the car runs as new. Also, I have 7 year/100K miles extended warranty (which I bought for $1300)...will wait till the car's 7 years old.

Boris

Reply to
Boris

You're willing to trade a Subaru for your daughter? That seems like a HELL of a trade.

Keep me posted. {;-)

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

try craigslist.org for car listings

Reply to
rafaelGdiaz

Areas around lake Tahoe maybe? Should be lots of Subs there. Good luck!

Reply to
Body Roll

try carlsen subaru in redwood city. i purchased from them and was very satisfied.

Reply to
frank

Found a really nice Outback today in Stockton and bought it at a reasonable price from a used car dealer lot. Unfortunately they had absolutely no service records with it, and it is due for a cam belt. Is there any way to track the last owner to find out if the belt had been changed before they traded it in?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

If it was done at a Subaru dealer, they may be able to check using the VIN.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom