XT Shifter removal

Does anyone know how to remove the shifter off a XT without harming anybody but endangered species?

Reply to
Mauricio Tavares

If you are doing this to replace the cutch, I am fairly sure it can be left attached to the transmission if you also remove the center console. Years ago I removed the shifter from a wrecking yard car one afternoon. Bought the transmission and also wanted the shifter and didn't wnt to take a chance of it being damaged. Don't recall how I did it but it must be fairly obvious when you start.

Reply to
johninKY