'00 Civic needs power... Resistor, Injector, Pressue Mods??

I suppose this has been asked many time s but I cant' find it. What resistors can I / should I install to "fool" my ecm into producing more takeoff power? What about larger injectors or fuel pressure regulator mods? I'm not looking to drag race or anything, just like to make it easier for the daughter to drive without burning the clutch out! Well I wouldn't mind being able to pass a car or two on the highway with dropping 2 or 3 gears too.

Thanks for any info or web page address!

Reply to
Bill

SO nobody knows anything about computers and cars here???

Reply to
Bill

You mean all *she* needs right? There is nothing done to the car it's bone stock, well the tires have been replaced, but the new ones are the same Dia. so that isn't part of the problem. I did a net search about this sort of thing and found a few items for Chev, but all others were just groups of youngsters who didn't know any more than I do. They all suggest swapping engines, but hey I was young once too, and swapped a few engines too. HOWever that's not the type of info I'm looking for. Ever hear tell of chipping a car? Well I know it works, I've felt the difference. They even have plug-in "shift kits" these days.

But what do you do with these Honda cars?

Thanks for reading, I hope you can make helpful suggestions.

Reply to
Bill

Obviously you already know that your Civic isn't made for performance. If you're looking to get some performance out of it, like many here would say, "sell it and get a faster car." There are numerous mods you could do to the Civic but they all cost money and their return on the mods would be very little, particularly seen when you go to sell it. You could get a free flowing exhaust and a cold air induction kit but honestly, I wouldn't even imagine you'd net more than 3-4 horses out of that. It comes with what? less than 100 horses already? If you're worried about shifting down two, three gears to pass a car, then just live with it.

larger injectors, boosting the fuel pressure regulator or adding resistors will only make your car run the same or worse and make it harder to breath the already poluted air. You could always drop a turbo or supercharger in it if you're serious.

Reply to
Bruce Chang

Bill wrote in rec.autos.tech

I didn't answer the first time around because I can't answer your questions. But, I have to wonder. I owned a 95 civic with the smaller engine. And it had plenty of pep, and I never had a bit of problem with the clutch. If your daughter is having troubles starting out with the clutch, then she needs to learn how to drive a clutch. The Honda clutch is easy and smooth to use. No reason at for her to have any problem with it. Also, there is nothing that you can do short of putting in a big old

327 into the car that will allow you to accelerate rapidly in 4th or 5th gear. They are just geared too high. 5th is overdrive, and 4th is geared just slightly lower. To get any kind of acceleration out of almost any car, you have to drop down to 3rd gear.
Reply to
Dick C