01 E350 revs up and down when in park after driving around for a while

I recently bought this family van and after driving around for a while and then stopping, I notice the engine revs up and down. I'd say it only revs up 500 RPM or something- not drastic-, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had anying like this happen.

I changed all the plugs and coil packs... there has never been a check engine light. Gas milage seems to be around 9-is that normal do you think for a 5.4L?

Thanks all in advance.

-supa

Reply to
supafly

Happens all the time -- usually a vacuum leak. Could also be EGR valve not closing properly.

Good maintenance but, of course, will not address "hunting" idle problem.

Does the light come on before the van starts and go off in a few seconds? Perhaps it has been disabled.

In an E350? Yes -- sorry!

You're welcome!

Don

Don

Cool Cool

Thanks Don.

Yeah, I did verify that the check engine light isn't taped over or disconnected! I'll start hunting for vacuum leak.

***Any chance this leak will lower mpg's?

-supa

Reply to
supafly