'01 Yukon Rear Disc brake pad change

Greetings;

I'm about to help a neighbor change the brake pads on a Yukon SUV. I'm not sure of the year but it is probably a 2001, model SLT. Are there any tricks in changing front and/or rear pads?

Do I need the special tool to rotate the rear piston back into the caliper, or is it as easy as pushing the piston back? Any help would be appreciated. Photos, Diagrams, Service Manual instructions would be most beneficial.

Regards Gary ------------ Atlanta

Reply to
gary_jabo

You can probably rent the tool to push the piston back at your local parts store.

Reply to
AudioGuy93DelSol

Don't need it on this type of caliper, use a large C clamp or large channels, should be dual piston, open the bleeders to facilitate the process. "AudioGuy93DelSol" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.nodomain.com...

Reply to
Shep