02 Chevy - lights blink when coasting

Hello. I am having a very odd problem with my 02 Chevy Impala LS. Intermittently, the headlights and dash lights will dim/blink for just an instant, and then blink again every 5 seconds or so. This happens when the car is coasting. It stops when the car stops moving, and I haven't seen it happen under acceleration (but can't guarantee it). It doesn't happen all of the time.

My dealer hasn't been able to duplicate it.

Any ideas? TIA.

Reply to
gad

During the day, or at night? I assume this is occurring at night. Over sensitive ambient light sensor reacting to street lamps, etc.? Loose connection to the sensor maybe? Weak headlamp control relay? Loose fuse? Does it still do it when the headlamps are operating manually (by the headlight switch) instead of "automatically" (by the ambient light sensor)?

Reply to
James C. Reeves